Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To teeth or not to teeth...

For MONTHS (I kid you not!) we (okay then, Shevaughn) have been having ‘teething trouble’...
Runny nose – Check
Runny tummy – Check
Restless nights – Check
Swollen gums – Check
EXCESSIVE drooling – Check
Pearly whites to date – Zero. Nothing. Zilch!

Then, two nights ago, she wakes up at 3:00 in the morning in total agony. Crying like I have never heard her cry before. Long story short, after some Panado drops and lots of rocking and singing (BAD mommy!) she finally falls asleep again at about 4:30. Yesterday morning she’s a bit off colour, but still smiling and chatting. At about eleven, the school phones me to say that she’s got a bit of a fever and asks permission to give her some Panado. About an hour later, her temperature hasn’t dropped, so I pick her up and off we go to the pead. Turns out my poor little girl has got inner-ear infection!!! She’s on antibiotics, probiflora and Ponstel, so let’s hope she’s her chirpy, happy, pain-free self in no time. Of course we were at it again at 3:00 this morning and I was scared to death of giving her an overdose Ponstel, but I eventually cave in and gave her half a dose. Needless to say, I’m pretty useless today...

By the way, I asked my cousin who is a pead this morning if I did wrong to give her the extra Ponstel and told her about my fear of OD’ing my child, she reckons that ‘too much’ would actually be if she drinks the whole bottle by accident, so I think we’re in the clear, my midnight-ly help didn’t do too much damage.

Back to the actual reason for my post, though... Still no teeth, although we were certain that this new restless sleeping might be a sign. I really want to complain to aunty Marina Petropoulos who writes in her book that it takes about 7 to 10 days from when the ‘symptoms’ start until a tooth appears... Liar, liar, pants on fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment