Monday, April 12, 2010

T minus 2 weeks

Two weeks from now, I will be sitting on the beach, wiggling my toezies in the sand, drinking an ice cold...well, colddrink!! I honestly can not wait. We are only going away for a few days, but we intend to make the most of this precious time. I can't remember the last time hubby and I went on holiday alone...but it was a long time ago. We always ended up either going with family or visiting friends. This will be our first 'official' holiday as a family and girly's first visit to the coast. We've already said that we want to have the video camera handy for the first time she sees the huuuuuuuuuge swimming pool and sand pit. I predict it is going to be a face to remember!!

In other news, this is going to be a relatively busy week. Tomorrow evening we are doing a quick visit with the Cowleys, R will be taking a few pictures of our little family, with mom all dressed up in her graduation gear (as girly can't go to the ceremony with us). On Thursday it is the long awaited graduation ceremony, hooray! I'm a little in two minds about the whole thing, a little excited on the one hand, but also quite nervous about what chaos awaits us (we're dealing with Unisa, remember)...and VERY nervous that girly, not to mention her babysitters, will be okay.

Now usually, it would've been smooth sailing. 1) Phone grandma. 2) Give her the date and time of whatever function we might have. 3) Leave girly in ouma and oupa's capable care. But ouma and oupa are away on a photography course in Put-sonder-water or Gat-sonder-end or some other obscure small town. And the in-laws aren't able to come up from the lowveld to babysit. So I've asked one of my collegue's and her husband (that also work with us) if they'd be able to babysit. To which they said yes before I'd even completed the question, because they love girly as if she was family. Now, I know that she'll be in good hands (they are two amazing people!), but I'm still nervous. Normal, no? I predict though that she'll manipulate a chocolate or two out of them before dinner and that she'll probably still be awake and playing her little heart out by the time we get home.

On Saturday we are going to little N's first birthday party! I am very excited about this, the invites were gorgeous and I think it is going to be a blast.

And that, my dear friends, are the forthcoming events in a nutshell!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the holiday! I can't wait to seem some beautiful photies of my gorgeous lil girl.

    Good luck with the graduation. Ahem, want to see photies of that too please :D

    ReplyDelete