Friday, August 7, 2009

Hi, my name is Karien...

...and I’m an Internet-aholic. I was at home for three days with a sick child and virtually no internet access (unthinkable! On both counts!), then had four (or five or six, I’ve lost count) incredibly busy days at work and I seriously feel the withdrawal symptoms!! I have come to realise that I can NOT go without OPM and I am seriously addicted to my friend’s blogs.

Which kinda brings me to my next point: I was given a “One Lovely Blog Award” by Marcelle from Making Babies. Thanks, skattie, I feel honoured…and really, really need to brush up on my blogging to actually deserve the award, hehe!


The rules of the "One Lovely Blog Award" are: Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

I would now like to pass this award on to the following bloggers:

And last but not least, our very own 'naked chef' at Good food, good wine, good living

You girlies rock! (Marts, you should’ve gotten one too, but you know why you didn’t, hehe!)

In other news, my little lazy-bug…ag, uhm, I mean ladybug has finally started crawling (forwards instead of backwards)!! I have to admit that it is the cutest thing I have ever seen (naturally!). Her daddy is ecstatic, as he had been patiently waiting to hear the clap-clap of her little hands as she comes crawling down the corridor since the day she was born. As for me: of course I’m happy, I need to shed a few more kilo’s. And with a little girl who can produce things out of thin air to put in her mouth and choke on while she is stationary, I can imagine just how wide open my eyes will have to be now that she is mobile!

Lastly, I have a little confession to make: I am a horrible mother!! I do not handle throw-up. At all. NO throw-up. I was always told not to worry, that I will be able to handle my kids’ throw-up. I don’t. Therefore, a great big thank you goes out to my amazing hubby, who last week did the cleaning up every time our daughter threw up! He is the most wonderful husband and father in the whole wide world. And I will always be a terrible mother because I don’t think I will ever be able to face throw-up. End of story!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award (blush).

    Now the throw up thing, you're definately not a bad Mommy. Although I can do throw up, snot, is another story all together. If there is a bat in the cave, so to speak, some one else needs to take it out, or nature needs to take it's course.

    Well done little S for learning to crawl, next step... walking. Mommy really won't know what has hit her then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nix, I think we need to move closer to each other, not just for the obvious reason that it will make the courting process between the Betrothed Two easier, but also so you can help me with the throw up and I can help you with those caved bats... And may we now talk about something less gross?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Thanks for the award my friend !
    And yay for the crawling ! Cant wait for that ;)

    Love you lots xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award!! Hehe, i am very sad now. :(

    Well done on the crawling girl!!!! Thats great!

    You are a great mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah thanks Karien. Erm, how do I get this award onto my blog????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award Karien! Mooi so juffie met die Kruip, een van die dae....
    Te Pragtig vir woorde!
    D

    ReplyDelete